Apply for Funding
We have clearly defined parameters for our Ways of Caring program:
- We invest in the communities where our staff live and work;
- We support community groups, not-for-profits and registered charities;
- We focus our support in a few key areas:
- Homelessness & Poverty - We work with social investment agencies that support the most vulnerable in our community through measurable, impactful programs that focus on addressing the issues of homelessness and poverty, because we believe healthy, vibrant communities include all community members in their success.
- Health and Safety Promotion - We invest in results-oriented programs that enhance the wellbeing and safety of individuals and communities, sharing our best-in-class approach to a health and safety culture that is fully integrated into every facet of Vermilion's operations.
- Environmental Stewardship - We partner with organizations that use science-based best practices to enhance environmental conservation and education, contributing to healthy, resilient, sustainable communities today and in the future.
- Celebrating Vermilion's Cultures - We support the local cultures of our diverse locations to ensure that their traditions and contributions are recognized and preserved.
All funded requests must meet the criteria above. These parameters help ensure alignment to our community investment strategy, and help us respond to requests from the community in a consistent, fair and transparent manner.
Investments that offer volunteer or participation opportunities for Vermilion staff may be given higher priority than cash-only requests.
We do not support for-profit organizations, or organizations whose aims, interests or activities conflict with Vermilion's business interests or core values.
Except in extraordinary circumstances, our community investment budget does not support:
- Individuals or individual pursuits;
- Religious organizations (except those with non-sectarian purposes);
- Organizations with partisan or political affiliations;
- Fraternal or labour organizations;
- Private foundations or clubs;
- Professional or technical associations;
- Endowments, contingency funds or deficit campaigns;
- Conventions, conferences, seminars;
- Organizations located outside of the communities where Vermilion staff live or work.
(Unless otherwise noted, references on this website to "Vermilion", or "the Company", or "we", or "our" collectively refer herein to any or all of the people and operations associated with Vermilion Energy Inc. and/or its subsidiaries including its Irish subsidiary Vermilion Energy Ireland Limited whose operations and activities are the focus of this website)